Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lots of rambling and weekend weather

We have been busy around the Farley house and I see no sign of things slowing soon. Guess I should be used to that by now. Noah and Rebekkah have been at church more this week than they have home, or at least it seems that way. Tonight was our children's Christmas program, "Finding the Christmas Star" and they all did a fabulous job. I always love the kids' programs but especially when my kids are in it. lol I will post pics of them later, when I get time to upload them from the camera.

Emerald and Nathaniel went ice skating on Friday with the youth from church. They both said they enjoyed it but to tell the truth, I believe Nathaniel enjoyed the stop at CiCi's Pizza afterward. He said he skated by pulling himself along the rail. Anyone who knows him would not be surprised by this as he does not have one athletic bone in his body, he is our bookworm. They both have been sore all weekend, after using muscles they don't normally use. All is good though, no broken bones or major injuries. Thank you Jesus!!!

Em's money was burning a hole in her pocket and she wanted to buy Christmas gifs so, the girls and I spent most of yesterday afternoon running around shopping. I remember why I prefer to stay away from stores on the weekends during Christmas shopping. Crowds of people EVERYWHERE we turned. I don't know if I am getting old or people just are rude but this year it has really hit me that I prefer to stay in and I understand why my mom shops online.

William and I had date night last night. Out to eat and a couple of stops trying to find "keyhole-shaped" pavers for a Christmas project I want to make for the owner of the dance studio. Much to my chagrin those are out of season and nowhere to be found. I am going to look one more place tomorrow after work, weather permitting, where I get my stones for hot stone massage. After that I am back to the drawing board and only have until Wednesday night to get it done and ready to give on Thursday. Ms Jann LOVES snowmen so I am searching for a snowman project as a backup, if anyone knows a good one.

OK, so now about the weekend weather...... Friday was nice and sunny, cool but sunny. Saturday was warm, I'm talking upper 50's, lower 60's, and cloudy and WINDY. For KC that is odd in December. Sooooooo, this morning we go to church, pass the bank and the temperature is 62, yes 62 at 9:00 AM, then we leave church at about 12:15PM and it is 34. The wind is blowing and it is cold and cutting through us like a knife. Then we head back to church for the kids program and it is 23 and windy, this is about 5:00PM(had to get there early to get a good seat since church fills up fast when the kids perform) and when we leave at about 7:30PM it is snowing and blowing!!! Talk about a weird weather weekend. Guess it is good for business at the doctor's office I work at but man oh man, from 62 in the AM to 23 in the PM, that's a huge swing in temps for one day!! NOW it feels and looks like December in KC. lol

Have a blessed week and remember that with all the hustle and bustle of Chirstmas time, that we(I am preaching to myself, first) need to keep our eyes on the REAL REASON for CHRISTmas. Remember that no matter what the economy is doing, what the weather is like, that God has it all in the palm of His hand and longs for us to turn to and lean on Him when life turns topsy turvy!!


Love,

Michelle

No comments: