Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just a few thoughts on a Saturday morning

Well, as usual I am wide awake very early on the weekend, while on a week day I have to drag myself out of bed this early. Makes no sense to me but here I am, none the less. I have been visiting some blogs and one really touched my heart this morning. She talked about God leading her to her closet and unfurling her wedding gown and to the hem. At first I worndered why on earth God would lead ME to this blog, then as I read and really concentrated on Him I realized that through all we have and continue to go through we need to reach for the hem of HIS garment. We just need the faith of a mustard seed and to reach for the hem of His garment and remember that He has all things in the palm of His wonderful hand!!! Many times I *say and think* I have this faith so small but then when God speaks to me and I really look at my life and what is going on, maybe my doubt far outweighs my faith. I pray that my faith, and my family's faith is that of a mustard seed and then some as we continue to face the many struggles in this life. I pray that I can set the example my Heavely Father has set for me to my beautiful children. I pray that through my shortfalls and short comings that somehow my children can see past my human nature and see God in my life as I raise them in the best way I know how. I pray that no matter what is happening in our lives that they KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt they can turn to God and feel a comfort and peace that William and I just can't provide in our human form.

On a different note, William seems to be feeling somewhat better after last week's hospital stay. I am soooooo thankful for this. He gave us quite a scare and made me and the kids, especially Emerald, remember to be thankful for and not take forgranted each and every minute we are given. OH and speaking of Emerald, she got her driver's license this week, so watch out if you are on the roads of south KC, she may be out there lurking on the roads in our van and well........ Seriously, she is MUCH improved over when she first got her permit, I am no longer scared out of my wits to ride with her. I told someone yesterday, I am wondering if it is a stress reducer or increaser with another driver in the house. I am thinking it is a blessing because now I ahve an extra person to help run errands and thus far she is anxious and willing to help. I am sure that will change once the newness of driving wears off. :-D The other kids are well, just their normal selves. Today I am feeling extremely blessed to be their mom. It is gonna be cold and yucky here so I intend to spend some time snuggling with them and centering my attention on them, the important things in life. WIlliam will be there in the middle too. I think with the busy-ness of life we forget that all the "things and stuff" are much less important than the people we love and cherish.

No comments: